NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Curious as to the general location on the river (lower, middle, upper) and what bait/lure? I gave up a topwater plug to a red on the middle river last Saturday morning. Best I can tell he cut the leader on some oyster rock or something. Anyway I was surprised to find him after all the rain.

Had a neighbor catch one just like Doug's on Friday as well. I guess the close to the season has helped?

Nice fish!

·
Registered
268 Posts
^ Close of commercial season for summer, or I am mistaken and embarrassed.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
Wha Wha Wha What???
"Close to the season" ???

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
He's referring to the closing of the commercial red drum season that happened a while back due to over harvesting. It will remain closed until September. Now let's get off the subject and back to the fishing report. Great job.

·
Registered
268 Posts
^ Gotcha chief and sorry for straying down that path.

Very nice fish there hunter; still curious about approx location (no need to be specific) and what he bit.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
^ Gotcha chief and sorry for straying down that path.

Very nice fish there hunter; still curious about approx location (no need to be specific) and what he bit.
No worries, just didn't want to see the thread get jacked. Too pretty of a fish for that to happen. The white oak is an area I haven't fished very much.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oyster beds off the amphitheater mid river. I got a nice 17" flounder as well, but I did not get a photo of it. It was nice and fat.
Saturday, got one red about 18" and that was it.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Nice fish for sure!
From my experience White Oak has been on fire, or the dead sea. Never seem to have an in-between day down there. Sure is purty though, and a lot of different water in just a few miles.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
228 Posts
I drive by white oak all the time and have never fished it, if I was going to fish it I would probably try the branch creeks near swansboro.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure, if that is a creek or if he means the creeks that branch off the river. We are still exploring those, as we have only been fishing the area for a couple of years

·
Registered
228 Posts
You know, where the white oak river branches out into smaller bodies of water that sometimes have no friggen name, well i call them branch creeks. Looks like a tree branch on a map...you know.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
There's some really shallow water back in there, but there's plenty of bait and I've seen more than one keeper flounder caught from a spot that shows up in that pic

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
If I was a chicago bear I would approach it from CPCG

1 - 20 of 20 Posts