NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yes, some smaller to middle slot reds wayyyy back in the creeks hitting cranks and suspending lures, retrieved or trolled slow and steady. Target muddy banks and "fingers"; where feeder creeks empty into main creeks, preferrably around some type of structure such as docks or oyster beds.
Trout bite has slacked off a bit, (mostly because the fishermen have slacked off a bit) but plenty are still around, and the bigger ones will fill in to the backs of the creeks during and after sub-zero polar vortex events and/or freezes.... target the deeper holes on a moving tide, and retrieve your lure slllllooooooww...in fact, i would say just let it drift back to you for best results. Impart no action to the lure for the first few casts.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, some smaller to middle slot reds wayyyy back in the creeks hitting cranks and suspending lures, retrieved or trolled slow and steady. Target muddy banks and "fingers"; where feeder creeks empty into main creeks, preferrably around some type of structure such as docks or oyster beds.
Trout bite has slacked off a bit, (mostly because the fishermen have slacked off a bit) but plenty are still around, and the bigger ones will fill in to the backs of the creeks during and after sub-zero polar vortex events and/or freezes.... target the deeper holes on a moving tide, and retrieve your lure slllllooooooww...in fact, i would say just let it drift back to you for best results. Impart no action to the lure for the first few casts.
Question for you ******, If we put in at Haywood on the White Oak and started fishing our way down river do you think we would be in the good water for trout and maybe a red or two?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Question for you ******, If we put in at Haywood on the White Oak and started fishing our way down river do you think we would be in the good water for trout and maybe a red or two?
Most likely. Water has been pretty dirty up that way though

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks ******, I have not and can't decide on where I want to go yet for Monday. Considering the White Oak, The creeks off the Neuse around New Bern, the Trent or maybe even Sutton lake. So many possibilities...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.