NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love white perch. I too would like to have a better handle on them in the Belhaven area, but being one who settles easily and follows the pathway of least resistance I do have one fairly dependable spot. The route 99 bridge near Sidney, right next to BJs store, hold some WP spring through fall. I just climb down on the rocks (carefully, one eye out for snakes) with a 5 ft ultralight, 4 lb test mono baited with 1/16th oz lead heads and small grubs/squirts or small beetle spins, then cast under the bridge. They tend not to be there when water is low on a west wind. North and east are best. The elderly black ladies used to tear them up with cane poles before DOT replaced the bridge a few years back. Now there is no fishable berm for them to sit on with their folding chairs and straw hats. Kind of a shame, but the fish are still there. Sometimes its nice to take a break from the boat for some simplicity, especially when those tasty critters are on. Have fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.