NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a better pair of waders for surf fishing. Who makes some that wont break the bank. I am thinking in the $100-200 range. Any particular brand have a great warranty? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
How do the breathable ones compare to neoprene from a durability standpoint?

I am on my second year with the breathables from Cabelas and they have withstood a lot of abuse duck hunting and kayak fishing. They are great. If they spring a leak, Cabelas will replace. If I rip a hole in them, I'll pay for a new pair eventhough Cabelas will replace them, I just view that as abusing the system. If the seams start leaking, that's on them. These are the ones I have. http://www.cabelas.com/product/Foot...Rprd734969&WTz_l=SBC;BRprd734969;cat103895280

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have a pair of stocking foot Patagonia waders that I paired with korkers boots a few years ago. I learned quickly the benefits of breathable waders then, even when its extremely cold. Last year I bought a set of cabelas waders for hunting. Breathables again. They are excellent. So long as you layer properly underneath, you won't get cold. I hunt the late duck season in Michigan every year. Its normally in the single digits, but the rivers are open and huntable. No issues last year with breathables in those conditions, and I'll be doing it again in a few months. I'll probably never own another pair of neoprene waders.

Cabelas return policy on waders is second to none. They are now the only brand I will buy for waders. Get yourself a pair and you won't be sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
+1 for the Patagonia waders.

I think with most technical outdoor gear you usually get what you pay for. Stockingfoot waders with proper boots can last years with the right care. Not to mention you'll be much more comfortable and agile when layered properly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.