NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eat to blasted much too??

did you all eat tums as an after dinner mint??

as the "lone" single guy guess who got all the left overs?? me.. i wont half of all dat in a week..

zooker

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I feel like I'm going to bust. No tums though. I took it like a man.:eek::D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
decided to let someone else do the work this year... Went to a place in Williamston called the Hitchin' Post... T-Day buffet of all fresh cokked homemade foods no canned ... Everything you could want and more for $15 per person and reserved seating so no lines! ( well except at the buffet..LOL) Then this evening my father in law brought over a big stock pot full of boiled crabs since we had no leftovers from dinner...just for the wife and I..!!!!! YUM YUM!!!! *burp :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Got lucky and someone's wife sent us "care" plates at work.
Wife brought back a plate as well from visit with family in Winston (had that for breakfast/dinner). Was good, but got the left over pickin's

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
As usual we fed the whole crowd ( twenty some) turkey, ham and all the trimmings--No naps-- Had a softball game in back yard to recuperate-- too many stars to post pictures--just the oldest and best.:)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As usual we fed the whole crowd ( twenty some) turkey, ham and all the trimmings--No naps-- Had a softball game in back yard to recuperate-- too many stars to post pictures--just the oldest and best.:)
look at that hustle from forrest will ya..

zooker

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was cold enough to do it big time today.. the white stuff is nice as long as it melts as fast as it hits the ground..

zooker

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
No naps...did watch LOTS football though. Slept till 11 the next day though.:D Wish I could have gone fishing either wednesday or thursday. Even when I think of going fishing a cold front comes through.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You guys got it easy! My uncle and aunt holds a big pig pickin' on wed evening every year. Pig and venison BBQ, taters, beans, sweet taters, slaw, bread and PILES of deserts. Next day, usual turkey-day spread...times two. Thanksgiving dinner at aunt and uncle's with entire extended family, then thanksgiving supper with my wife's family. That bottle of extra strength tums took a BIG hit, even with the zantac beforehand!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
You guys got it easy! My uncle and aunt holds a big pig pickin' on wed evening every year. Pig and venison BBQ, taters, beans, sweet taters, slaw, bread and PILES of deserts. Next day, usual turkey-day spread...times two. Thanksgiving dinner at aunt and uncle's with entire extended family, then thanksgiving supper with my wife's family. That bottle of extra strength tums took a BIG hit, even with the zantac beforehand!

Hey "Uncle Muddy":) I didnt get my invite this year so you need to update the mailing list.:D.LOL!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Went to my brothers in Grimesland. Started with steamed oysters, went to wood ducks on the grill, (killed that morning), on to fried turkey, ham, collards, snap beans. My son killed a deer before dark and we had eggs and chicken fried tenderloin for breakfast the next morning. I think I could bust, but well worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.