NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fished lower broad Saturday. Not a sniff between me, my brother in law and my little brother other than an occasional pecker fish. Spoke with a guy at the ramp that said no has been catching anything other than a few flounder on flounder rigs. There were 2 boat trailers there but we never saw any other boats fishing. In my opinion if they ain't there they ain't hardly in the Neuse.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Fishing on the Pungo/Pamlico has been dead for the last month as well. Inconsistent temps throughout May along with lots of rain has hurt it. Fish kills this past winter have most likely hurt things too. This past 2 weeks is the first consistent temps we have seen in a while. Hopefully it starts picking up soon.

·
Registered
525 Posts
IMO, the fish kill that area experienced was far more devastating than anyone can imagine. Speaking with some guides and avid fishermen who usually work the Neuse and its tributary creeks, all tell me the same story - fishing stinks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.