NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been in the area for a while but have had a lot of stuff to keep me busy, housework, deployment to Iraq and then more house work. The wife finally told me to get my fishing license and head out. Does anyone know of some good freshwater fishing spots around Jacksonville and Richlands?

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Hi CWOHAM. I hope you get a response soon to your question about fishing spots near Jacksonville and Richlands, but I just wanted to welcome you to the NCangler.com website and to thank you for your service to our country. Thank you. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jacksonville Richlands Fishing

I Read Your Post And Decided To Register On This Site. For Some Good Fishing You May Want To Try The Trent River In Pollocksville, North Of Jacksonville On Hwy 17. Woody Bottom, Big Catfish, Panfish. Also, There Are Some Old Rock Quarry Ponds Out That Way Which Are Open For Fishing. I Have Caught My Share Of Bass And Crappie Out There. Thick Bream Too. Hope This Reply Helps.:)

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
Re: Jacksonville Richlands Fishing

Hey thanks for assisting CWOHAM and glad you've joined us! :)

CCBAC7373 said:
I Read Your Post And Decided To Register On This Site. For Some Good Fishing You May Want To Try The Trent River In Pollocksville, North Of Jacksonville On Hwy 17. Woody Bottom, Big Catfish, Panfish. Also, There Are Some Old Rock Quarry Ponds Out That Way Which Are Open For Fishing. I Have Caught My Share Of Bass And Crappie Out There. Thick Bream Too. Hope This Reply Helps.:)

·
Registered
795 Posts

cwoham,

I am not too familiar with that area, but I can introduce you to a guy who is. He is name is Rod Phelps. He lives in Swansboro and is a retired CWO. Up this way, ( havelock) there is the Slocum and Cahookee creeks, the trent isn't too far away and always the Neuse.

Down where you are, teh new river inlet has some awesome fishing in it.

Rye

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rye,

Thanks for the help. I can always use a good fishing partner, I am an Active duty CWO and I plan on staying right here in NC so I guess I need to get up around Havelock and check things out. I don't have a boat yet but hoefully the wife will make enough money this year in her real estate so I can get one. Can you get alot of bank fishing in on the trent?

CWOHAM

·
Registered
795 Posts

I havne't a boat yet either.. when I get home from deployement, I will be picking mine up.. I had a hard time purchasing one so it could sit in the drive way for six months. I havne't found any real good spots for bank fishing the trent and only one or two for fishing the slocum...

rye

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.