NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fish here or more specifically kayak fish here? Checked out the ramp today on 301 as I was driving past. Looks like no motors allowed and 2 dollar ramp fee. Can anyone give information about the bass, crappie and catfish there? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I fished out there back in the day probably 20 years ago with sucess if i remember correctly...definitely still looks very fishy and i dont think its ever really crowded either

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've fished there all my life since I only live about 20 minutes from there. It's a pretty good spot, never really gets too crowded. I usually fish there for crappie but there are plenty of bass, catfish, brim out there too. Tons of structure to cast to. I'll help as much as I can if you have any specific questions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is an older post but i thought i would give it a try , ive fished the mill from the bank but never from a kayak , just getting into it this year, my question : is it possible to maneuver the other side of the dam to be able to go down contentnea creek and back ?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Current has a few spots that you will have to get out, get in and pull and get wet coming back. My advice...............just fish from the bank. I have no idea what it's like down past the golf course though.................for 200 yards below the dam it gets pounded hard by the usual suspects. There are better spots.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.