NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about Shinning Rock Wilderness, the wilds can be a bit spooky but i love it. by the way I have seen the water get real high there but it alway's stay's real clear. Not to mintion how colorfull the trout are as well as fiesty.

·
Registered
205 Posts
moodytrout. the most colorful brookies I've ever caught were from shining rock.. haven't fished it in a while though . That happens when it's practically in your backyard. have had some great times flyfishing and hunting grouse there, but I try to avoid it during the gun season. Its like a parking lot. you would think that a place that gets hammered so hard would be void of fish, but the same ones are there every time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red- where do you put in at? I start at the Trail head of East Fork trail. I've heard that there are Grouse and hunters in S.R. but have yet to encounter either. But then again my wife say's I am deaf and blind:eek:

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I fish I usually park at the Graveyard fields overlook. like I said you'd think that a place that gets fished that much would be emptied of fish, but the same brookies are always there. When I grouse hunt I start at the cold Mtn. overlook, or park near the arch bridge on 215 and work my way up. The new game land near lake logan is lousy with grouse because it's been burnt and logged in recent history. I guess i"m lucky to live in a central location. most of the trout streams are within an hour or 2 from where I live.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello Moody trout,

I too would like to meet some members of this awesome website!
I recently met up with ketchunanee at the Dan. I regret that I could only stay there for a little while, but still enjoyed it very much!
Sounds like a great get together you're talking about!
My wife and I really enjoy the great outdoors.
She's on vacation around June and maybe we can hook up!
Sounds like a good way to meet new friends and have some angling adventures.
Sharp hooks and tight lines
Hookeye
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
mmmm have I missed this yet? There are so many places to find some beautiful speckled trout. I'm in if its not to late. I can't tell you how many times I wish my job/wife/dog/house etc. was in the mtns and not in Charlotte. Some day. Soon.

Ignatius

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry guy's: I started this thread and did not keep up with it. I been up in thar them Hills alot as of late. Loony is correct, S.R. is not the place for a get together. I like mstash's suggestion for the Catawba or we could all just plan on meeting at the gathering of the Toe's with Scott in August . If there are any other suggestions, just post them and lets get together.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I read where you guys were talking about east fork on this thread. I am from haywood county and was wondering if anyone has ever had the chance to fish lake logan? I guess you would have to be a kid staying there or have a special invite? I drive past it all the time going fishing and hunting and have always wondered what swims below that surface.thanks guys

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm fond of Middle Fork/Prong, at Sunburst camping area. Plenty of ultra-spooky holdovers down below, and good brookies up higher. Plenty of stockers move up from the Pigeon, they're easy down near the main river, but the ones a little further up have learned to be wary.:eek:;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.