NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RALEIGH, N.C. (Dec. 18) - A great gift for your favorite trout angler this holiday season is the recently updated North Carolina Trout Fishing Maps Book, published by the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission.

The book, which costs $12, contains maps of all trout waters open to public fishing in western North Carolina. Maps are color-coded according to the signs posted on the streams and give anglers a guide to fishing regulations in effect on specific streams. It also shows the locations of game lands and state parks and provides information on universally accessible facilities for anglers with disabilities.

This new edition includes a full-color trout identification page to help anglers correctly identify their catch. To make it easier for anglers to find a stream with a particular regulation, such as delayed harvest, each map shows only the regulations in effect for that county.

Purchase the book by:

Phone - 1 (866) 945-3746
Mail - N.C. WILD Store, 1710 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, N.C. 27699-1710
Internet - Click on the N.C. WILD Store link under the Books and Publications section, of www.ncwildlife.org.

Individual maps can be downloaded for free from the Commission's Web site, www.ncwildlife.org.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That is true Crummy, but there are some places that are marked like Harpers not many people will fish all of the creek because it is to hard to walk there or to small or not deep. one place that I will tell you about is the green river narrows, I'v fished it but I may never go back not because it isn't good (there are some #%*@^ big fish there) but you better pick the right time (when the water is not up) and be ready to use a rope and swim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.