NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RALEIGH, N.C. (July 12, 2007) – The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission announced Wednesday it will renovate a boating access area in Beaufort, N.C.

The Commission will provide engineering and construction services as part of a three-way partnership with Carteret County Parks and Recreation, and the N.C. Division of Coastal Management.

Gordon Myers, deputy director of the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, said this project is a good deal for the public because it uses ever-decreasing, available waterfront property to serve multiple uses.

“When I first visited this site, I was struck by the incredible opportunity we had to improve access in an area where needs are clearly growing,” he explained.

Proposed renovations include replacement of two existing boat launch ramps with four new launch ramps, converting the existing launch ramps to a canoe and kayak launch, and construction of a small fishing pier, floating docks, picnic shelter and public restrooms.

The majority of funding for the project will come from a $543,000 Public Beach and Coastal Waterfront Access Program grant administered through the North Carolina Division of Coastal Management. Carteret County will provide $170,000, while the Commission will cover other costs, projected at roughly $215,000.

The project partners hope to complete the renovations by Fall 2008.

For more information on what the NCWRC is doing to address public access issues in the Tar Heel state, visit the Commission’s Web site at www.ncwildlife.org.

·
Registered
709 Posts
ooops, my bad. you're right Mike. I knew about that ramp but thought it was in onslow since it's so close to the line. That's a good way to have to drive and then make the inlet so let's put one in hampstead and split the difference! Thanks for the correction.
Gery

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.