NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be in the Wilmington/Wrighstville area Memorial weekend. Anybody want to try to meet up and try to find some fish?
Lefty

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Lefty-
I'm going to head down to the Wrightsville on Saturday, but I'm going to fish from the beach. The Wife and Son what to tag along so, I can spend some time with them. I'll have to do the Yak thing later.

Tom

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
havent made up our minds yet for runnin offshore.. looks like possible thunderboomers Saturday... so dont know if we'll shoot down there Friday or not.. will know more tomorrow with the changed forcast.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is getting interestinger and interestinger. My daugher of all people expressed an interest in walking on the beach. She's a redhead, so she doesn't tan, she burns... She's 16, so she's too cool for playing in the waves, and WAY too cool for hanging out with dad....

Who knows, maybe some fishing from the shore is what's in order....

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'll be moving my daughter to ILM for the summer and plan on doing some kind of fishing while I'm there. I will likely take my 'yak with me but am inclined to do some surf fishing or maybe get out on Johnny Mercer's pier. I have started playing with fishing with kites and would like to try for some close-in off-shore angling. Look for the red or yellow kite.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey gang
I never made it to the beach, as it turned out. Too busy spending time with my family. Guess the fish will have to wait. :)

Had a good time, tho. Took 'em to see the battleship. Typically, my son (7) was interested in the guns and engines, but surprisingly, my daughter (16) kinda took interest in some of the diary entries they had tacked to the walls. Glad to see she found something to be interested in. (I'm impressed that they could feed 2,000 men in a single hour. There are times when I can't feed FOUR in that time!)

L8r
Lefty

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Good times

That sounds like a better time then I had out fishing. As a teacher and coach I love to see families out doing things together especially when they have teenagers. Hardly see it anymore. Especially with the teens having a vested interest in what is going on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.