NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone was gonna make the trip up on 6/7? I'll be camping in Collettsville all weekend on some friend's property. It's an annual trip a group of us have done for 20+ years that started in Nantahala then moved to Wilson when the DH section opened. Wilson is our home waters so we naturally will go up and check out the mass of anglers on our home water. It's fun too.

Wasn't sure where to put this but I'll update it after the trip and post some pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Crummy, How was the trip? Im thinking of going to Wilson creek on friday, just wanted to see how it was fishing over the weekend?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fishing wasn't bad.

It was all the people. I didn't fish long. I went back to camp and fished smallies in Johns River. Never in all my years have I ever seen that many people fishing in Wilson at one time. This DH thing has got out of hand.

It'll probably be Fall before I go back. Holidays and all coming up.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
The fishing wasn't bad.

This DH thing has got out of hand.

p.
You are aware that Saturday, 6/7, was the first day that the regulations changed on the DH streams and that fish could be kept weren't you?

I've never been on that day, but understand it is not unusual that you need to bring your own rock to stand on.

·
Registered
133 Posts
thanks for the update Crummy. Where is that campsite? Im hoping the crowds wont be too bad on Friday since its a weekday. we will see

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been on the Wilson every other weekend since opening day. My best friend and I stay closer to adako road and never see Any other anglers. We do see troves of white trash swimming though

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are aware that Saturday, 6/7, was the first day that the regulations changed on the DH streams
Oh yeah. It's an annual trip we take each year. It's an opportunity to camp and fish with Dad as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts