NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday Frank called me and asked if I wanted to go fishing for a couple hours. Of course I was already headed out the door so had to wait on him to get here. Anyway he made it here and we proceeded out the ramp towards Swansboro. The water was really high with the wind pushing it even harder. We managed to catch some live mullet in a small creek on the way.

Started out fishing a bar in the marsh and the water was really high and not much happening. Guess others thought it was happening because two other bigger boats tried to work their way into where we were and got stuck at least twice. It can be really tricky getting to where fish hide sometimes.

Decided to try a couple more spots until the water started receding and each time we had other boaters decide to just stop very near where we were :( Dont know if they were just following us or they just heard how good I was (lol i wish) Kind of annoying tho when you get setup and others come roaring in at your spot. Not much happening anywhere and hard to find the fish in this wind.

Finally decided to leave our wind protected spot and go back to our original marsh area. The water started to move a little and the action turned on. Fast and furious for an hour or so and then slowed again. Change of tides, wind, water clarity can all make a difference. If a spot looks good, try it at different times and it may produce.

Fished with live finger mullet on a carolina rig in 2-3 feet of water with various oyster bars and small grassy islands around us. Wind was howling but the fishing was awesome. Caught more than the video shows but you get the idea. Ill let the video tell the rest of the story. Was nice fishing with you again Frank

[video=youtube;XSdVNK0IkGE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSdVNK0IkGE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm a kayak fisherman most of the time, but also have a boat that I take when my son wants to go. The last time I was out in my kayak I had been setup on a spot for 3 hours waiting for the tide to turn. Just about the time it got good a boat pulled up within 20 yards of me and started fishing with 3 guys flipping baits in my direction. They were obviously trying to make me move but I stood my ground. You just have to deal with some idiots who have no respect for others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.