NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;)Figured I'd venture out into the elements about noon today with the moon being full.;)

With the way the wind was blowing I figured the spinnerbait would
be the best bait of choice. Put on 1 my son gave me yesterday. Already paid for itself. Easy to cast into the wind and easy to control and bass love em.:cool:

Casted around the sand hole for a few and caught a nice fat fish. She was laden with roe and about to bust, so she went back into the drink.

Continued to fish and tugboat Sue hit (about 6 pounds or so).

Took a few pics of this old gal, jumped in the truck and took her to the pond at the other end of the farm. She now has a new home.:)

Kept on fishing and a little later hit this one.:eek:

Hey, 3 bass and a couple of hours of time, not a bad way to spend
a Saturday afternoon in March.:D

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx TA,

Hey, started out the door this morning and Shaw Grisby was coming on and I saw they had a red drum on the line. Looked closer and they were using chatterbaits, well the Strike King equilevent Pure Poison.

Well I had to sit back and watch this show since you perked my interest in them. ;)They were killing the drum in LA with them. They were using the Charteuse on 1 and white on the other, they were just casting out and slow reeling back, the blade just pulsates and the drum loved em.:cool:

Going to make another trip back to wally world and take another lookinto the chatterbait/poison side of the lure world.:rolleyes:

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I saw that too Scott, alrerady been online seeing who has em and what they cost! looks like winner to me especially for a Lure Novice like myself!! Good hook on the hawgs! or should I say Sows!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
the bass i have been catching are a tad deeper say 6-8 feet deep. but yeah i love the wind blown banks and spinner baits.. i was fishing them today-till i broke a high end rod...

zooker

G

·
good job on those fish... i went to Kerr today for about 3.5 hours and got nothing. :( tried mostly rattle trap and flipped worms. did get some qaulity time with the new baitcaster and 7' rod.
maybe my fish finder doesn't work. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,

Have any of you tried the chatterbait or the Poison by Strike King.??? Was wondering if there was a major difference between them, kinda look the same.

zooker........know the feeling, shut the truck door on my flyrod before I left the house this morning, thats what getting in a hurry will do. Now I gotta go and get another.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Scott, i have used both for bass fishing and like the chatterbait the best, the only thing i do different is a dont use there trailer, i use a twin tail grub, and the bass love it, hey give it a try.....Chris

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks tc...............will definately get a couple, I want to try them on drum, get the big pull:cool: Might have to make a trip to Queens Creek and give it a try.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
hey guys
while you are out there chunkin those spinner baits,don't forget the rest of your arsenal!we went to tuckertown yesterday and threw s baits from 7:30 til 9:00 or so with only one bite my buddy got on a terminater.so i started throwing a rattlin rogue and in the next 2 hours we managed to catch six bass ,all around one to two lbs except for one four lber i got just before we left at one thirty.but man,it was nasty out there!we were just shaking when we got back to the ramp!here's hoping for better weather next week!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have cauht several bass on spinnerbaits on days of rough and windy weather this year. But so far, this has been the best year of catching nice bass in a long time. I have been absolutely wearing out nice bass in about 5- 10 feet of water in both lakes and ponds on rubber worms, especially june bug trick worms, greem pumpkin u tails, and gulp night crawlers. My rattlin rogue and 6 ft divin crank bait have also been succesful. Caught several over 3 1/2 lbs and a couple over 5 in the past 2 weeks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.