NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last thursday I fished a small tournament over at Falls Lake, and WON for Big Fish. I won with a 1lb 3oz not the biggest in the world I know, but beat out the next biggest fish by 4 oz, so I was pretty pleased. Our team would have won top 5 except the tournament rules dont allow a person and/or their team to win both so I was happy with winning Big Fish and it was my first win for a tournament. Ok enough gloating for now. Oh yeah and believe it or not I won fishing from the bank.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I was using small minnows 2 feet under a Mr Crappie wieghted float, in the Beaver Dam, off of the submerged section of Old Weaver Trail. Yeah I wish I could have found someone to take the bet to fish for pinks.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
That's the same whole I always pulled my Slabs out of.... Good JOB!

Reactions: bankandsurf

·
Registered
16 Posts
good win..bank and surf, I was in I think that same tourney once, falls lake, crappie tourney, back in '85 sponsored by Phillstackle shop in Durham. I placed 8th with a fish over 2.50 lbs.. they had to be alive when weigh in, and I helped a guy who finished second..he was walking down the road carrying a cooler, headed for the weigh in. I stopped, asked if he needed help, looked in the cooler and saw the biggest dang crappie I have ever seen, laying on its side gasping. I drove him too the weigh in station...I think he finished second..about 2500.00 richer!
oh well!
Sobosteve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.