NC Angler Forums banner

Winston-Salem Quarry

8K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  stripes 
Winston Lake..... Is a bit on the scary side. I'm a giant of a man, and if I wasn't, I would be too afraid to go there. My fellow fishermen there are mostly ok guys, but some of the people that hang around in the parking lots give me looks that make me wonder just how safe I am there.

Salem Lake - Needs the new marina. It's on the seedy side as well, but compared to Winston Lake it's Beverly Hills.

If anyone who is familar with this quarry is willing to lead, I'd love to visit it before the park opens. I've never fished a quarry, but love the idea. PM me if you are willing to try this.

Reactions: dbeam
I live pretty close to Salem Lake... maybe 15 minutes away.

But the $9 cost is just unreasonable for a lake of inconsistent production. If you have a bad day... $9 for nothing bothers the heck out of me.

I can deal with the boat launch fee.... A small fee to maintain the launch makes sense. But the double dipping (paying a fishing fee on top of the boat launch fee upsets me). I can see maybe charging a fee to fish without launching a boat

But if I'm paying a fee to launch a boat and to fish, shouldn't the joggers pay a fee to maintain the running path? Shouldn't the dog walkers pay a fee for the disposal of dog waste? Why is it OK to make fishermen and boaters pay a fee, but no other park users?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.