NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if anybody or everybody knows this but for me this helps me a little this time of year. My dear wife tortures me daily with"Dance Moms" "Project Runway" and many of the other mindless programs on the tube and I need something to help.
I have always been obsessed with showing the fish something they have never seen and nail polish has now become a cheap way to alter or customize baits that have never gotten a fishes attention or no longer make the cut in my arsenal. I told a friend recently that "After my wife went to bed last night Sally Hansen and I got it on in my garage and it was awesome". I have quite the dialogue going on with the girls at the Walgreens in Cape Carteret who refuse to believe what I use the polish for.
Several things about this is the colors hold up better than I would have ever imagined and if you don't like like it it comes off with nail polish remover.The transparent Spooks were clear in a Walmart Pradco clearance bin for $2.50. I love this effect for clear water, in my simple mind I think it gives less to discriminate if that makes sense. If you want to completely change a color you may have to put a white base coat first. You can also buy colors of used stuff on Ebay and change them, the MR14"s shown were all Electric Chicken that I found last week 4 for $15.

Wood Wing Tints and shades Automotive exterior Space
Liquid Tints and shades Gas Art Magenta
Surface lure Fish hook Liquid Fishing lure Bait

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a lot of trimming may be involved before the hooks go back on. Is that the case? All the topwaters shown have been used a lot and show only battle scars , if they have them haha. I'm working on a purple Twitchin rap, I can't hack what people are willing to pay for them, $38 for one I saw. I'd never catch anything due to checking my leader for nicks.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Yeh I heard rumors about you in the womens circle :p

I'm not sure if anybody or everybody knows this but for me this helps me a little this time of year. My dear wife tortures me daily with"Dance Moms" "Project Runway" and many of the other mindless programs on the tube and I need something to help.
I have always been obsessed with showing the fish something they have never seen and nail polish has now become a cheap way to alter or customize baits that have never gotten a fishes attention or no longer make the cut in my arsenal. I told a friend recently that "After my wife went to bed last night Sally Hansen and I got it on in my garage and it was awesome". I have quite the dialogue going on with the girls at the Walgreens in Cape Carteret who refuse to believe what I use the polish for.
Several things about this is the colors hold up better than I would have ever imagined and if you don't like like it it comes off with nail polish remover.The transparent Spooks were clear in a Walmart Pradco clearance bin for $2.50. I love this effect for clear water, in my simple mind I think it gives less to discriminate if that makes sense. If you want to completely change a color you may have to put a white base coat first. You can also buy colors of used stuff on Ebay and change them, the MR14"s shown were all Electric Chicken that I found last week 4 for $15.

View attachment 68935 View attachment 68936 View attachment 68937

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I looked at this site and it's very interesting to think about the possibilities at a fraction of the cost. Where do you purchase the "I" screws or whatever is needed to attach hooks to the lure?

Thanks
Foursum
I am not sure. I actually have bought a few finished lures from them with all that hardware and already painted they are about a dime more each when on sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.