NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'm taking the kids to Holden Beach shortly and if the weather is as forcast, Pop and I will probably head out to do some fishing around AR-420 or AR-425. I really hope the weather holds because I've been away from the salt for too long.
I'll let you know how it goes when I get back.

Dave

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Go Get Um!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good Luck Dave and be careful. I think I read on NC Waterman that winds are supposed to be 15 to 20 tomorrow. Could be rough.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the weatherman missed it by a day. We put the boat in around 6:30 and got to the inlet right behind the dredge. The water was pretty choppy and we took one over the bow but luckily, Pop's boat has a self bailing deck so no problem. After falling into several deep holes, we were finally past the breakers the chop settled down a little. We headed to Yaupon Reef first but I think everybody else had the same idea as there were already 8 or 10 boats there so we turned right and headed for AR-420. We dropped anchor over some good looking structure and dropped our lines. Between the black bass which were all too small and the pin fish, the bite was steady but not very productive in filling the cooler so we pulled anchor and headed a little farther out to Southport Rock and tried again. Again the bite was steady but the fish were all small except for the several dogs we caught. We did manage to pick up a few pig fish but by now the water was getting pretty choppy again so we pulled anchor and headed in. On the way back, we trolled spoons and cigar minnows but couldn't find a king or spanish interested. Even though the fish weren't very cooperative, it was still a great day on the water with my dad and I still got my salt fix which should hold me for a little while.:)
Thanks for all the well wishes and sorry, no pics. I just couldn't make myself take pictures of those little piggys before we fillet'd 'em.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.