NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... Heading down to Swansboro tomorrow for a little husband and wife fishing trip, here's the low down on wish me luck!---

Bought a new boat on April 10th, Got married May 30th!!! Well, my new wife has not been on the (I guess, OUR/HER) new boat yet...:confused:... So all I am asking is to wish me luck that I can get her on some fish so that she wont see this awesome new boat as a waste... I mean I have been catching fish on it already on the regular, but she needs to reel something nice in to make it worth her while!!! Sure do hope to find some Reds, and Trout!!! Not that anything is wrong with flounder but I am kinda getting tired of catching only flounder!!!

Anyway, Happy Independence Day everybody!!! Keep the lines wet and tight!!! MERICA!!!
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Wood Road surface
2013- PolarKraft XCC2072/ E-tec 115 (V-4)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Not 100% sure, but your boat was not acquired while you were married so it should not be considered a marital asset, so it would be, 'my' not 'our' or 'her' boat in your scenario. Your awesome boat a waste?! Anything camo by it's very nature is not a waste. Even if you didn't catch any fish this time, there is always next time, or duck season where I believe your boat will provide you with an ideal platform to harvest delicious waterfowl. I will wish you luck because I'm that kind of guy, but if fish look for awesomeness in a boat, you and your new spouse should have a banner day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beautiful boat!!! Good luck and please be careful and have patience...:)
I have had boats in the past! Always careful, I have given her fair warning that the water will be a little rough for her but everything will be fine!

Drumfisher , the Mullet eagle is pretty awesome in it self!!! MERICA!!! haha

Quest4Reds, The main reason for the boat purchase was duck hunting! Do quite a bit of it mostly on the windy Pamlico! Fishing off of it just makes it that much sweeter!!! It would never be a waste for me anyway, I was just kidding about the (ours/hers) thing! I mean she can't complain to much-I already brought home atlest $200 in fish so far if you were to buy it at market price... (But we aren't going to talk about how much I spent on gas and lures/bait to be able to bring that home though)!!!SHHHH!!!! haha

Thanks for the best wishes guys! I wish you all the same!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quest4reds :

Oh and that camo is great for hunting but horrible for fishing!!! She gets HOT!!! I mean dang near melt the soles off your shoes HOTT! I'll be putting some Hydro Turff on the decks and floor before next summer, for sure!!!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Wish I were closer to that area, the diversity of the duck species that cruise the coast is amazing. Mind if I ask what duck species you're seeing down there? I haven't duck hunted in NC yet, kind of took a hiatus from everything for a couple years due to 'work'. Started back last year into hunting but wasn't seeing the ducks up here near Fort Bragg so I didn't hunt them this past season. Going to do my best to find some ducks and get my decoys wet again, hopefully my favorite call still does it's thing.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Best of luck, getting your wife on fish. Great looking boat also. Congrats on your fairly recent marriage.

I highly recommend, especially for newly weds, for Dr. H's opinions of anything of this nature, and also on any marriage concerns.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
quest4reds :

Oh and that camo is great for hunting but horrible for fishing!!! She gets HOT!!! I mean dang near melt the soles off your shoes HOTT! I'll be putting some Hydro Turff on the decks and floor before next summer, for sure!!!
I often wondered about that when I was hunting for a boat. I think they'd sell a lot more of that type of boat if it came with a "wife bed" area that consisted of a light colored shag carpet or pad for them to lay out on, with a couple built in wine glass holders and perhaps a misting fan for when it really gets hot. That area would of course have to be completely enclosed and sound proof so us men could fish without listening to endless chatter or whatever bad music she was listening to. :rolleyes:

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Well... Heading down to Swansboro tomorrow for a little husband and wife fishing trip, here's the low down on wish me luck!---

Bought a new boat on April 10th, Got married May 30th!!! Well, my new wife has not been on the (I guess, OUR/HER) new boat yet...:confused:... So all I am asking is to wish me luck that I can get her on some fish so that she wont see this awesome new boat as a waste... I mean I have been catching fish on it already on the regular, but she needs to reel something nice in to make it worth her while!!! Sure do hope to find some Reds, and Trout!!! Not that anything is wrong with flounder but I am kinda getting tired of catching only flounder!!!

Anyway, Happy Independence Day everybody!!! Keep the lines wet and tight!!! MERICA!!!
View attachment 72500 View attachment 72501 View attachment 72502 2013- PolarKraft XCC2072/ E-tec 115 (V-4)
Dear Mr. B,

I have been summoned once again by the venerable RouseD to provide marital advice. Mr. Rouse, like yourself, chooses to bring his betrothed on trips frequently. Unlike yourself, Mr Rouse was married prior to the invention of the outboard....but I digress. The question of ownership of the vessel from a legal perspective is a moot point. If she wants possession of the boat, give it to her! This ensures upgrading to a Hells Bay Skiff fully rigged for yourself. Now, as to your pleading for luck in getting her onto a redfish (the marsh area across from Hammocks Beach might be a good choice), this also is a moot point. You are searching in vain for her blessing in backing your purchase. Fact is, few women want to fish as much as we do. She could catch a 35" overslot and not want to go back out for months. Dr. H suggests a 2015 Tahoe 4x4 for her. Holds a ton of purchases from the mall and, if you play your cards right, makes for an excellent surf fishing platform. It will also act as a great substitute for when that Ford is in the shop. Be sure you get ALL the sand and Gulp out from under the seats before returning it to her. It's these small details that ensure a long happy marriage

Dr. H

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is such a wealth of wisdom here lol. I am one of the lucky ones that has a wife who loves to fish, anytime, anywhere AND she loves the boat just as much. Have fun on your trip with the new great looking boat and the new wife (I assume she is great looking also lol). You should come up with a catchy boat name that she thinks of lol. Good luck and tight lines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.