NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake is -20' now - Will not re-fill until spring of 2015 ! 3 rd . time in the last few years - turbine repairs . Before planning a trip out to WNC Call Lake Level Info. Line : 1-800-829-5253 & follow prompts . I hate this - Wolf is only a 25 min drive for me . The lake had not recovered a good fish population from the last draw-down -- this will just make it worse . Sorry , but at least U know , now .

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have fished Wolf the last two weeks and whacked em both trips. I really don't think the drawdown two years ago had any efect on population. The water was back up by the spawn and the the weed growth helped hide the fry. Bass are everywhere in that lake right now. Wolf is the hardest lake on the Tuckasegee River chain of lakes. Deep and clear with 80% of the wood cover deep. I really don't fish for Walleye but have caught some pretty nice ones while winter cranking and jerkbaiting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.