NC Angler Forums banner

Wolfpack Fans Only!!!!!j.k.

5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  wolfpackcpa 
#1 ·
The football season has been very disappointing. We all knew it would be with the departure of Chuck Amato. (on a personal note, I feel he did a great job) What do you guys think about the B-ball season coming up. We have a great returning class, and a group of freshman ranked in the top ten in the nation. I get really excited about NCSU Basketball. I have even heard "Preseason top 10" tossed around in a few conversations. I know we are picked to finish in the top three of the conference. Can't wait to see things get going. What Ya'll Think?
HOOOOWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

#4 ·
Well, Wolfpack Football has been disappointing since Rivers graduated. Chuck did a great job in building excitement around the program and getting booster support, but the turnover in assistant coaches and his inability to land another quality QB and OL really hurt us. I always liked Chuck, but unfortunately it did not work out. Hopefully O'Brien will be able to right the ship but quite frankly, he has a very tough road ahead. The next three years will be very tough for Wolfpack fans.

Now I was disappointed, at first, in hiring Sidney as coach.....mainly because I could not believe we had whiffed on so many other coaches with bigger names. I thought one for sure would want to come and coach at State. But last season was the most exciting I remember in basketball for a very long time. I was in school when Sidney under Valvano won it all and I got to go back to Reynolds for that last home NIT game this past year, now that was exciting. We certainly have a better chance at having a winning season in basketball than football this year. But I never would have imagined the football team could be that bad, with all that Chuck was supposedly doing during his tenure. But I still watch every game that comes on tv and go when I can...I will always support the Wolfpack (I dont always have to like it though).

#6 ·
Same here. I go to games when I can get tickets, and if it is on the tube, I usually plan my whole schedule around it. As far as Amato, He took us to what? Five bowl games in seven years? Don't know the specifics. Something like that. He recruited great players. You can look at the NFL draft over recent years and you see that. Underclassmen taken in the first round,etc.. I know the team has talent. I guess they don't click or something. The have a true freshman QB, and a True HB that are highly rated players. Maybe some future ahead. As far as Rivers, I loved to watch the guy play, but if it was not for a good backfield, Mainly TA Mcleondon, he would have never been as good as he was. Remember the triple overtime loss to Ohio State? Exciting times.

#9 ·
Never been a big sports fan. If I do watch it is Hockey(Go "Canes!) or College football (GO Pirates!). I don't agree with the Pro salaries so I wont support it and NASCAR was ruined in the late 80's early 90's so I watch a little but not much..

#13 ·
Well ya cant win em all. Not good for other schools recruiting...LOL!!

#15 ·
That was a good win for those boys on that team, they really needed that boost. Evans played well, guess we might should have played him a little more in the other games. But a big relief for the Wolfpack nation. Looking forward to seeing if we can build on that and salvage this season. Sure is nice to another one in Win column. Go Pack!

#17 ·
yeah the Pack earned it no doubt.. Good job!

#28 ·
Here is a couple of comments from Fox Sports about the Basketball program. The are ranked no 24 in the ap coaches poll.
Comments: From Jeff Goodman
No. 18: N.C. State Wolfpack
Why they'll make the Final Four: If Degand becomes a top-notch point guard in the ACC, the Wolfpack will be difficult to beat.
Why you'll want to play attention before March: This team could be scary if it gets quality point guard play.
Prediction: Third in the ACC
Games that will determine their season: Nov. 28 at Michigan State; Jan. 12 at North Carolina; March 1 vs. Duke
You don't know him ... yet: J.J. Hickson — He's extremely talented and just needs to learn to play hard all the time.
One year ago, Sidney Lowe had no depth. Now the N.C. State head man has talent, experience and plenty of guys off the bench in his second season at the helm.Coaches Top 25RkTeamRecordPoints1North Carolina (10) 0-07392UCLA (12) 0-07343Memphis (8) 0-07314Kansas (1) 0-06695Georgetown0-06256Louisville0-06207Tennessee0-05988Michigan State0-05039Indiana0-047910Washington State0-046411Duke0-039012Marquette0-038113Oregon0-036014Gonzaga0-025214Texas A&M0-025216Texas0-021617Arizona0-020518USC0-018919Arkansas0-017320Pittsburgh0-016021Stanford0-015822Kentucky0-015523Southern Illinois0-013724North Carolina State0-011925Villanova0-0111Complete Coaches pollNo. 18 N.C. State: Lowe and behold
N.C. State caught some people off guard in Sidney Lowe's first season. Jeff Goodman expects more from the Wolfpack this year.

#31 ·
I hate this time of year...
I was trying to figure out why in the world they'd played a football game on a Thursday... then why I couldn't find anything about that football game on gopack.com...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.