NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did also. The review and discussion points out some pluses and minuses, but the mounts having the universal camera screw was the thing that sold me. Yeah it would be nice to have a GoPro with the remote and the direct to phone connect, but I have so many other things on my wish list and history has proven I really don't use cameras as much or as well as I plan to.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do post up an actual review and possible video quality. I've heard mixed reviews about it but you really can't beat the price!
Will do, but it will likely be a post mortem. They went on the market trying to go head to head with GoPro but pretty obviously falling short on a couple of features. Amazon started fire sales on them a while back and dropped them even further on Woot to clear the rest out. I am pretty sure they are better than the current price would suggest but not good enough to warrant their initial price. By "post mortem", I mean by the time I get mine they will likely be gone from the market (except maybe eBay).

·
Red X Angler
2,479 Posts
Sorry, yes I have taken pics with it and video and its awesome!! My friend I fish with has the other brand and he wants mine!! Plus you get the accessories unlike the other brand. I love it!! Best 40 bucks I spent!! I used a head strap from a head flashlight I had layin around worked awesome as well!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you order one of those report back and tell us if they work. I was messin around with my camera and made a short video and looked at it on my computer. It's mic isn't great but it takes pretty good videos.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Haven't used mine yet either. I am way behind on technology. What is the thingy that has to be bought before vids can be taken?

·
Red X Angler
3,525 Posts
Haven't used mine yet either. I am way behind on technology. What is the thingy that has to be bought before vids can be taken?
I use a ScanDisk microSDHC UHS- 1 Card with adapter for pictures and video. You have to have a card before you can take pics or video. That is for a GoPro not sure for the Gear Pro.

·
Red X Angler
2,479 Posts
Yes you have to get a micro sd card for I ti got a 16gb Sandisk at walmart for around 15-17bucks. The camera will not work without it. Make sure its a MICRO card and a class 10 as stated on the paper in the box. The 16gb card gives me 9999 pics and like 1 hour and 48 minutes of video... And downloading is very easy plug the usb cord to the computer and a box will pop up, download and name the pics or video an wella!! there ya go!!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Sold out wish I had seen this earlier.:mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts