NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I hope the content of this thread is ok, if not let me know and I'll change it.

I retired from the Air Force two years ago, having spent 16 of my 20 years at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro. Thanks to the intel from the guys I was stationed with in Germany, I had 2 fishing rods waiting for me at the post office when i got here, may 9th 1996! Wow 19 years this week. Anyway, I joined the American Legion at Post 94 in Snow Hill, NC last summer, and one of the things we have been working really hard on, is suopprting "Operation North State"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-North-State-Peace-on-Earth-Because-of-You/121467901246264

http://www.operationnorthstate.com/

These guys are working really hard for deployed troops from NC, as well as wounded warriors and disabled veterans in our state. What started as a small project has been a success statewide, and has the potentioal of making the goal of becoming a nationwide operation! ( Operation North State is in no way, shape, or form, associated with the Wounded Warrior project. They are 100% non profit organization supported by volunteers, fundraisers and donations)

Check out the websites and their facebook page. They will be at Randleman Lake on May 19th (with Richard Petty and the Victory Junction Gang) and at Lawson Creek in New Bern on June 5th.

I started this thread to ask about fishing the Neuse/Trent in that area for bass and crappie, as i am entering my boat to take a vet out on the water for a day of fun and fishing. I am not at all familiar with anything but stripers and trout a little further down stream. Shoot me a message with any advice or locations, and please read up and volunteer or support in any way you can.

Thanks everyone!

Ben Walker

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.