NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished after a storm blew through on Saturday from 4pm til dark. Fished some marsh and creek mouths behind figure 8/wrightsville during the last of the falling tide. Tried topwater, zmann jerkshad, and finger mullet and ended up with a lizard fish.

Sunday hit it hard starting first thing in the morning with a friend looking for redemption. He caught a 24" drum at the first spot. We started moving down the grass line and eventually I felt a bite and set the hook. Started pulling drag and pretty much let him do his thing because all the line i reeled in he took back anyway. He ended up going into some deep water and must have got hung up on something. I could not get any line back and couldnt feel him moving. We thought i may have hooked a big stingray cuz it was stuck. We swung the boat around and he came loose and eventually to the boat. I was expecting a 30"+ fish but he was right at 27". Caught him on a finger mullet on a lead head. Caught a short flounder after that and then we moved. Tried a creek after that and i had one blowup on topwater and my friend caught a 15" flounder and a 25" drum with a finger mullet and we were home by lunch. Sunday funday for sure!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Cool............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts