NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 26th me and pops put 6 Black Drum and 4 Puffer in the cooler. Also caught but released 2 smaller puffer, 1 skate, 1 tiny whiting. Caught most on shrimp tipped with fishbites on the incoming tide outgoing was dead. Also had a little help from some 🐬 pushing some fish in. All the drum were 15 to 15.5 except for the 20” my old man pulled in. I also caught the biggest puffer I have ever seen. Didn’t measure it. Might put a tape on him before he loses his skin lol. Overall very good day at the beach. Should have put on the sun screen though my face is cooked.

·
Registered
268 Posts
March 26th me and pops put 6 Black Drum and 4 Puffer in the cooler. Also caught but released 2 smaller puffer, 1 skate, 1 tiny whiting. Caught most on shrimp tipped with fishbites on the incoming tide outgoing was dead. Also had a little help from some pushing some fish in. All the drum were 15 to 15.5 except for the 20” my old man pulled in. I also caught the biggest puffer I have ever seen. Didn’t measure it. Might put a tape on him before he loses his skin lol. Overall very good day at the beach. Should have put on the sun screen though my face is cooked.
Nice. Where do park at Wrightsville? Last time we were there all public parking was $25/day. Little steep for me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice. Where do park at Wrightsville? Last time we were there all public parking was $25/day. Little steep for me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yah parking is a bit pricey. Luckily I had my dad pay the parking lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only got to fish for 4 hours. It was my first time fishing there and I pretty much fished the worst sports - about 100+ yards away from both sides of the jetty. Wanted to fish closer, but there were swimmers, surfers and a handful of fisherman close to the jetty, so I could not. I probably could have moved close in and fished parallel to the jetty right about the time I had to leave. Will try again in the future. I saw on some of the facebook groups that folks were doing great at Kure Beach, but it was too far for where were were staying (Wilmington KOA just outside of Wrightsville) given the other activities we had planned. I think my son and I will stay at some of the smaller lodging at Fort Fisher Military Rec Area next time and fish at Kure. We had the whole family with us this time, so could not fish much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts