NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently moved to Wilmington and Wrightsville is really close for me. I have been fishing both the south end and the north end. Along with the public boat docks in the center of the island sound side. What are some good spots or tips for these areas?

I have been using gulp shrimp, and live finger mullet, along with cut finger mullet and have had some luck with smaller flounder.

I was thinking the jetties but how is the fishing from the shore? I also have a Kayak but have yet to put it in the water.

any help would be awesome thankyou

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Launch @ Trails End Park. Paddle across ICW into the creeks & marsh.

BTJ
Thankyou very much!!

Any tips once im over in the creeks and Marsh area? Signs to look for?

Going off the tide reports I will probably be putting in sometime between the 24th-26th. Bringing some medium spinning tackle and live finger mullet.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Keep a watch out for Reds pushing bait. A good topwater makes an excellent search bait. Good luck!

BTJ

Thankyou very much!!

Any tips once im over in the creeks and Marsh area? Signs to look for?

Going off the tide reports I will probably be putting in sometime between the 24th-26th. Bringing some medium spinning tackle and live finger mullet.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
I've taken some nice reds from the surf on the north end near Masons Inlet. There's a particularly nice hole next to the sandbar about a hundred yards above Shell Island resort...

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
I net finger mullet in the creek across the street. Whole dead ones will work fine if you don't feel like lugging a bait bucket. The reds seem to bite best with the surf stirred up. C-rig with a circle hook.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.