NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the thread on the Topsail area and it was very informative. So I would like to start this thread for the area from Wrightsville to Ft Fisher. Post up public access areas that you know of.

I'll start with Rocks at Ft Fisher great for flounder and Drum on the bayside and on the riverside, you can cat any inshore and nearshore species. There is a boat ramp there to fish the BayThe location is at the end of 421. All along 421 after crossing the SnowsCut bridge are public access areas to the beach.

Ft Fisher Air Force Recreational Area You don't need a Gov issued id card it is open to the public. There is a free pier you can fish the riverside, also good for crabbing. There is also a shallow boat ramp there for free use. There FFAF Rec Area is also off of 421 just past the town of Kure beach. Turn right on Riverfront Road and follow to the last turnoff to the right and it is right there plenty of parking.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
WHY?
Honestly don't understand why you would want to post locations in an open forum?
If a buddy wants info, call, text or PM him in private.
I understand posting boat ramps, which by the way can be found with very little effort on the web.
Please stop, thank you......... ICM

Reactions: Grouse7890

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WHY?
Honestly don't understand why you would want to post locations in an open forum?
If a buddy wants info, call, text or PM him in private.
I understand posting boat ramps, which by the way can be found with very little effort on the web.
Please stop, thank you......... ICM
Why,Why Not? These are all Public access no secrets here. Some of us are not blessed with living close to the beach ,and dont get down but maybe a few times a year. This to help them find places when they come down. This is a saltwater fishing site, and people look here to plan their trip. So if you dont want to post your "Secret" spot dont post it. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a forum to promote fishing in North Carolina, am I wrong? So no I will not stop posting public access fishing areas for anyone looking for a place to fish.If this offends you suck it up its not all about you.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
No issue with helping others. My track record would prove that.
Big issue with posting in an open forum locations to fish.
You're not making others better anglers, just lazy fisherman or more entitled folks on the water.
May even be putting out of towners angler in jeopardy.
Giving the impression just go & catch fish.
It's not like that, there are hidden hazards / dangers all along the way.

Yes this is a website to promote fishing in NC & other places.
You ask a lot of others, places to fish, but have you ever started / posted a fishing report ?
If you want to help planning trips, post more fishing reports.
Not to burn spots.
Does this read like it's all about me or concern for the uninformed?...... ICM

·
Registered
2020 Ford Ranger
182 Posts
Hmmmm...an interesting thread. I see merit in both positions. I'll readily admit that I'm not giving out the location of some of my favorite holes (PM me, I might share) but I will also say that I don't have an issue with identifying "general areas" that might be productive. Can we agree to disagree and move on...if others want to post general areas with public access, let them. They (the reader/fisher folk) will still need to learn to read the waters and figure out where the fish actually are. As a side note, ICM has been more than supportive to others here on the forum in providing guidance on how to catch more fish and I respect him for this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read the thread on the Topsail area and it was very informative. So I would like to start this thread for the area from Wrightsville to Ft Fisher. Post up public access areas that you know of.

I'll start with Rocks at Ft Fisher great for flounder and Drum on the bayside and on the riverside, you can cat any inshore and nearshore species. There is a boat ramp there to fish the BayThe location is at the end of 421. All along 421 after crossing the SnowsCut bridge are public access areas to the beach.

Ft Fisher Air Force Recreational Area You don't need a Gov issued id card it is open to the public. There is a free pier you can fish the riverside, also good for crabbing. There is also a shallow boat ramp there for free use. There FFAF Rec Area is also off of 421 just past the town of Kure beach. Turn right on Riverfront Road and follow to the last turnoff to the right and it is right there plenty of parking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.