NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After hanging up and breaking off the jerkbait I was throwing yesterday, I had the opportunity to ask that age-old question - What Would Spidey Throw?

As of the last Spidey post I saw, hardbaits weren't doing anything and only spinnerbait and senko were producing. so on went the black spinnerbait in a pretty good breeze.

About 50 casts in, I finally and forcefully ended the remnants of the since-October bass skunk with a ~2 lber. Reeling low and slow on the shallow, sunny side of the pond. He tapped it 3 times on the way in - on the first nip I wasn't sure, on the 2nd nip he startled some baitfish so I knew something was chasing and as it started up the slope toward me he grabbed and hung on. Trailer hook might have stopped it at 1. A pause in the retrieve might have also generated a good wallop, but that's easier said than done when you haven't got the touch or the confidence yet.

Water Vertebrate Fisherman Fish Fishing

Good day for it - shorts & T-shirt bassin in early February!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I missed one on a jerk bait today it tapped line twice and I should have let it taken it. I did snag a shad on a red eye today and got a nibble on senior yesterday. Tried the spinner in yesterday and today's wind but couldn't get a nibble. Fished with five other guys today and only the jerkbbait got a nibble. Glad I was able to help since. Y one buddies only fish this up year was a five pounder on a spinner and he thinks spinners don't work till April!!!

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I guess you can't really give yourself a blog award, but that was a great story.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Jeffonc we need to hit the banks sometime. Yesterday I tried the kitchen sink and still couldn't manage a hit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.