NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Suggestions on locations to hit??? and which is better fishing, sound side or ocean side??? and would anybody be up for joining me???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flounder, Red, Blues, Spanish, King, or even Some Sheep Heads...? or really im down with whatever if they are biting... except croakers or rockfish..lol..

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
You have several choices then haha. On Taylor's Creek in Beaufort you can launch at the Wildlife Ramp off of Lennoxville Road and paddle across and fish the area around Carrot Island, you could also paddle out and fish Middle Marsh or the North River marsh. Those areas are excellent for redfish and flounder and there are usually some trout around in the deeper holes. You can take 7th street to Bay Street in Morehead and turn right and go to the end. There's a pavilion and launching area there. That gives more access to the inshore big 3. Another place is the bridge on 20th street. Work topwaters on a moving tide as well as soft plastics or even live mullet if that's your thing.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sounds like some good launch points. Please post a report if you wind up going, that sounds like my kind of area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went, stayed at the Bouge Shores. Had its own little boat ramp out back to launch from. I got out around 7:30am caught some bait fish, and fished till 5pm.. caught some blues, couple of trout and giant rays... no flounder, no reds... :( The blue fish were hittng pretty hard.. Fished live bait, and gulp minnows... It rained some Saturday off and on, so no pix, sorry may be next time... I will be in Fort Fisher and Oak Island this weekend... in my Forever going quest to slay flounder!!!! Hope all had a great weekend!!!!

CLysmic Fin's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts