NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Yad today with stripes and fished from about 8am-5:30pm. Threw at some laydowns with topwaters early but no luck.

The black bass were on fire early around rocks and fast moving water. Smallmouth, spots and largemouth were all caught. We were well below the Pilot Mt. and Shoals, so it was cool to find a smallie.

Shad and baitfish were pretty thick and often fleeing on the surface. I saw gar and large channel cats chasing them on top. Channel cats were eagerly taking nightcrawlers and cut bait. I also caught a channel cat on a crank, which was interesting but not too surprising after seeing them actively chasing cats.

Stripes caught a ton of crappie and a couple small whites.

Pretty good day of fishing with many different species caught. Couldn't buy a bite off of wood or timber. Sorry for the lack of pictures - phone's camera is struggling and has been a pain to use.

Side note - does anyone have a cheap digital camera they use and can recommend? I hate getting the phone screen all fish slimed up.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man what a mixed bag . What a great trip
Thanks! Aside from a few decent channels I didn't catch anything of significant size, but it's always fun to catch so many different species.

Thanks for the link!

Hopefully they follow through with the plan to stock a few muskie

Thanks for the report
It would be interesting for sure. I would be absolutely stunned to see one make it that far downstream, but I guess most people don't expect smallies below Donnaha either, so who knows!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.