NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MOCKSVILLE, N.C. (March 10) – Crews have completed renovations on the Concord Church boating access area on the Yadkin River, and are in the process of installing floating piers in four places on Lake Tillery.

In Davie County, off N.C. 801, the revamped access area at Concord Church features a longer, handicapped-accessible ramp.

“The old ramp was shorter, and we extended the ramp even farther to make it easier for boaters to access the water,” said Dean Barbee, Piedmont Regional Supervisor for the N.C. Wildlife Resource Commission’s Division of Engineering Services. “It was a complete renovation from top to bottom, and we think boaters will be very excited.”

Also, at the Swift Island and Stony Mountain access areas on Lake Tillery, fixed docks have been replaced with floating docks. The new docks have handicapped-assist rails and boat cleats to make it easier to tie up to.

The commission plans to replace docks at the Norwood and Lilly’s Bridge accesses later this spring.

For more information on boating access areas, call the Commission’s Division of Engineering Services at (919) 707-0150 or visit Welcome to N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is right before Deadmon rd if your coming South on 801. There is a sign on 801 for the access. I've been by there looking for somewhere to bank fish but there is not much room for that. I would like to try it now that I have a kayak. I haven't been there since the renovation so I like to see what they have done.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks fishfighter, I thought that might be it. Those bends in the area look like they should hold some bass once it warms up. I've been looking at the aerials to try and target some early season stopping points for the whites and stripers as they head upriver in the spring. It's been hit or miss at Idols Dam the last few years, and I am beginning to think that some may be staying farther downriver, maybe staying at the feeder creeks and shoals rather than running all the way up. Last year the water was really low and I think that may have kept some fish from running all the way up.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
ya think they might tear out that blasted planter box at lilly bridge??

they need to up grade the york hill ramp also..

zooker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.