NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm looking for a great place to fish the yadkin river in my kayak. I live near Troutman, nc so i'm hoping to find a place with in an hours drive. Fishing for bass. Any suggestions on where to put in and take out? Thanks for the help!

Adam

·
Registered
205 Posts
Near Troutman try the south yadkin. There is a boat launch nit too far from you and plenty o white bass. The yadkin itself is not too bad in coolemee but gets really muddy and expect some trash in the river thanks to the contributions of the people who don't care. You can put in on the yadkin in rhonda and elkin and still be way under the hour drive limit. Good smallies in that area too. Have you checked out the Catawba river coming out of lake James?

- James -

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Near Troutman try the south yadkin. There is a boat launch nit too far from you and plenty o white bass. The yadkin itself is not too bad in coolemee but gets really muddy and expect some trash in the river thanks to the contributions of the people who don't care. You can put in on the yadkin in rhonda and elkin and still be way under the hour drive limit. Good smallies in that area too. Have you checked out the Catawba river coming out of lake James?

- James -
James - How old is your information about white bass in that area?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
That's what I thought as well. I know I haven't caught any at all in the last 4- years in that area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info! I haven't tried the catawba either. This will be my first time kayaking the river so wish me luck! What will the water be like around rhonda? Will it be muddy also? obviously some of that depends on weather. Would love to catch some smallies

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.