NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not been having luck at Lake Lynn and looking to try somewhere new. I happen to have the entire upcoming weekend open. Anyone interested in doing some Kayak fishing? Or perhaps already going somewhere and don't mind me tagging along?

Brandon

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
So it sounds like down Clayton way in the slow, starting to get deep in spots, water is the likely trip. Ugly? Is that reasonable for you? Probably near 64 in Clayton; we can work out details.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm interested....... I've been hitting lakes and would really like to get on the rivers..... I was planning a trip to Lake Makintosh on Saturday to do some early scouting for a tournament, so if anyone wants to head out there as well....... but def open for a Sunday on the river....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I guess I spoke too soon. My boss must've known I was trying to make plans, because now I have to go out of town for work until next week. I appreciate the responses and opportunities guys.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Yeah, you are one of the 3. I need to double check on the route; MrSlowRide was looking in a book but when I look at the map I am not sure if there is a canoe ramp at Mial or not. We'll figure out details in PMs. If someone else comes along late to the party, PM one or all of the 3 of us (MrSlowRide, GripaLip or me - Optimystic) for details. I am thinking we are looking at a Sunday morning put in.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If anything changes or I can get done by Sunday, I'm in. If not, then another time. What species are in there? And what do you guys target? I really only have done bass fishing

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Striped, I assume? Never been fishing for them. Dunno if LMB type lures/tactics work for them.

Anywho, still gonna try to make it. If I really bust my hump and can get cooperation from my customer, I think I can make it. Will let you know for certain.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I will throw a small chatterbait some but mostly throw the twisty tail grub. Bass and panfish. If we stop for a bit near a deep hole I might try to catch a small panfish and go for a big cat in the hole.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Yea I'll bring my ultralite for panfish and one rod for bass and one for cats. The rod for cats may or may not get used.
Pretty much the same but I will probably just go with 2 rods and have the bass rod do double duty if we stop for a while at a cat hole. OTOH, if you have a cat rod handy I will probably just keep going after bass and panfish and let you try for the cats.

Uglystick - It's not unheard of for stripers to be caught from Milburnie on down, but it is not common and more likely to happen in the spring.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.