NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was in the BIG MUDDY today at CAMP MC CALL - there about 25 ft. away was an OTTER has anyone ever seen these and should i worry except the fish i`ll have on the line will probably get nipped - he was definitely BIG

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Be more afraid of beavers. Otters are not going to come near you. Fun to watch if you see them.

Beavers will scare the you-know-what out of you- slap their tail on the water when they glide up on you in the dark. And I think they are more protective of their areas.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Seen otters when I was yaking in bear creek once. I grew up on the edge of a beaver pond in Meadow. My brother and I were homeschooled and had a canoe that we loved to paddle all up and down the swamp. We got well acquainted with the beavers and they weren't afraid of the canoe. They'd come up and slap the water and soak us!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Very cool video.
I was on a local flow last Fall and got to within about 20 ft of one that was sleeping on a tree trunk in the river. I think it was ****** that I made it get in that cold water. In that same area also found a catfish head sitting on a branch sticking out of the river that something had eaten from the tail to the dorsal fin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That seems to be the favorite part of the fish that otters eat...!!...we have several in th pond behind our house and
often find half eaten fish and the part left is the dorsal fin to the lips....tail and back half are gone....?????:confused: :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.