NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as i came barrlin out of crane creek on high rock lake..headed for flat swamp the moter stalls and died.. i recrank it..it revs then dies, i knew then some thing is broke.. i idle a mile and a half to wildlife launch. now the yamaha is under extended warranty.. so i take it to the dealer his crew tear in to it.. the piston pin in the middle cyclinder broke it wedged the piston into the sleeve the rings nearly peirecing the sleeve..the rod was broke in half the crank was cracked 3/4 of the way around. the crack was big enough to stick a #11 scalpel into.. i looked at the crank and the sleeve while talking to the wrench..i told him how far we went after it let go.. he was suprised..

now it is under warranty the total out of pocket cost is the taxes and the deductable -$25-i will have a new power head put on for under $100.. while it was in the shop the boat monkey bit me and i requested rebuilt carbs -3-,a new water pump empeller,and new seals in the lower..

the cost to me for all of it $400..

why else do ya think i went with yamaha..

zooker

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. but hey,, what a plug for Yamaha huh!? Busted up and still got ya back to the dock, that's pretty impressive that it didnt seize up.

I had a Rotax 650cc motor (1995 Sea Doo Speedster w/twin Rotax's) on my starboard side lock up quicker than bass that's seen every lure presentation. Tried to spin the motor via the PTO with the plugs out and the rod was stuck in the block.. :( if it wasnt for the other motor, we'd of had to paddle a very long way back to the ramp or had to wait for someone to come by and hope to flag them down for a tow.

Sorry to hear the misfortune...

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It sounds like you just had some bad luck but for $400 you have a like new motor so really in a roundabout way everythings starting to smell like a rose. Looks to me like you know how to make lemonade out of lemons. At the least you know the money spent for the extended warranty was well worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.