NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OAK ISLAND -- A popular Oak Island fishing spot will be up for auction this week.
The bank that owned Yaupon Pier foreclosed on it, and the site will be auctioned at 2 in the afternoon Friday.
Town council had rejected a plan to purchase the pier.
According to the town of Oak Island, it will place a bid Friday, but there's still hope something can be worked out to keep the pier for the public.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Oh no... here goes another one... I sure hope they can save it!

Reactions: fishyfishy

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they have a fair chance as I only think a few people will be bidding once it goes past 1 million. A few year's ago the Rodanthe Pier was for sale at 1,225,000 and had no takers at that price. They have the same restrictions that no housing can be built on it.

Competiition for the town may come to any group that is looking to make an exclusive beach club for their members. There are rumors to that affect but I have not confirmed it from any source.

If I would have had 6 more numbers on Wednesday's Powerball I would have been bidding.

If there are no takers the North Carolina Fishing Pier Society supports the Kellough Plan where we get 2000 members to donate 500 dollars and have the first Fishing Pier Co-OP.

I hope the pier falls into someone hands that intends on maintaining it and operating as a public pier.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I would pitch $500 in on a CO-OP in a heartbeat!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I don't see how you can lose money with a well done pier, even with insurance costs. Looks like some investor would have grabbed it.
Come on Forrest?? Write the folks a check and I'll run it for you!!!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I keep thinking what if the bank decides to keep it and run it like a bank?

*Drive thru - paying
*Bloodworm loans
*Shrimp savings accounts

OH NO! 9-5 and closed weekends!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I keep thinking what if the bank decides to keep it and run it like a bank?

*Drive thru - paying
*Bloodworm loans
*Shrimp savings accounts

Might be a plan here. They could provide safe deposit boxes right on the pier to store your expensive Gulp baits. :D At present, I have to drive downtown to get mine out of the bank.:(

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.