NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you asked that. What is happening is that the bank that owns the pier is putting it up for auction sometime around the end of March. I think the towns intention is to be a player in that auction and they are looking at funds to go and get it. They are looking at funding from a number of sources and they started this trust fund way back in December but failed to let anyone know about it.

The town wants to buy it but lease it to private individuals to operate it. They have no intention in getting in the pier business. I think this could be an important model or example to save other quasi-public access sources for coastal area.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Thanks for the info Al! I know last time the city tried to buy the pier the council voted down the funding. Glad to hear there is a new initiative to fund a possible purchase. I hope they get it!.

Maybe they should get a website and a paypal donation button to make it easy for the online community to support their effort..

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
How does the paypal donation button work?
The recipient would set up a paypal account linked to an email address. On Paypal's site they have the HTML code to embed in the web page and that will put the button on the page. Then all folks have to do is click on the button and the paypal screens will do the rest. The money then will transfer into the recipients paypal account where it can be transfered to another account or left there until needed. A lot of folks besides the auctions are using it these days, its an easy way to send money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.