NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught one today in a freshwater creek 9" long. First time I have caught one in Eastern NC and I have done my fair share of panfishing the last 2 years. Also caught a shellcracker about 10". Both came on little gulp panfish grubs. Chartruese. Any of you guys catch many yellow perch in the eastern part of the state?

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was a little embarrassed to put that up after seeing your report but I didn't have a full day so I did the best I could. I caught the perch in the swift in Vanceboro but this winter I am going to do some panfishin around new bern.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After catching crappie in early spring I've got a good shad spot to tear up in late spring. By the way I usually don't post spots up but if someone thinks they can go to the swift and load up on perch go knock yourself out. lol. You'll be lucky to put a boat in in vboro without getting stuck the way the launch is messed up. Its a kayakers haunt for now.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I've caught some pretty nice ones in the Tar/Pamlico around Washington on minnows. Not the big ones they get up north but not bad.

Reactions: Rod Wielder

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
They're an enigma to me. Caught only one (by accident) in the last 30 years. Why just one?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
White Lake in Feb a day or 2 prior to a full moon, or during the summer at night. Fish small perch pattern soft baits(they are their own worst enemies) and a gob-o-worms will work just fine around the docks in summer.
Not unusual to catch 50 or more on a short Feb. day, but few have any size to 'em.

Reactions: Rod Wielder
1 - 12 of 12 Posts