NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caught this bass saturday the 9th of september..

the head was huge the body looked very skinny and peep that tail.. this thing looked like it just come off the spawning bed..in SEPTEMBER?? i also have heard that badin fish are the same way..if i had caught this fish in april or may i would say yeah spawned out female but this fish should resemble a foot ball and weigh 5-6 pounds.instead it only weighed 3.4

if your confused imagine catching it and wondering what the ****..

zooker

·
Registered
183 Posts
1- overexposure to garlic scented lures, 2- the chemist at Berkley have made the baits fat free for the fish and neglected to tell us. Last but not least if it's a high rock bass it wore the tail off swimming through the liquid land after all the rain. Seriously I saw one like that year before last.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I know this is a longshot but maybe turtles. From the looks of that tail it would have had to been multiple bites spaced out over a spell. It has probably healed back quite a bit in places if my theory is right. Once the tail is badly damaged the bass has a hard time competing for food and gets weaker and slower inviting more turtle attacks and healing would also be slower with less nutrition. Like I said it's just a long shot....there are plenty just as viable explanations and at least one is correct. Personall I like RFTom's answer....fear... Al

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Kinda looks like the tail rot that reeked havoc on my aquarium last month. My fish lost part of their tails and had no appetite for 3 weeks. I lost a few, but treated the tank and now they are healing. I guess something similar could happen in nature with water pollution and bacteria.. Just a thought???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.