NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......when your cell phone smells like fish.

Last couple of times at this pond the bream have been pecking at my worm and swiping at a rapala minnow so I went prepared today, well semi-prepared anyway.

Bass fished for a couple of hours, caught 6, all but one on a bubble gum trick worm. The other one I missed on a popper but threw a senko in and hooked up, 4.4 lbs.

Things slowed down so I grabbed an ultralight with a chartreuse charlie brewer slider. Started catching some pretty nice bream in a corner near the dam. Moved to the other corner and it was even better. I had thrown back 8 or 10 nice ones when I got to thinking about how long it had been since I had eaten any and how good they were.

I rarely keep anything other than crappie so I didn't have a stringer or even a bucket in the truck (the un-prepared part) but finally came up with some nylon cord and a short piece of wire for a make shift stringer. Broke the tail off the slider beating a turtle off of my fish , changed to an orange jig with chartreuse curly tail. Had 12 and started throwing them back again until I caught the biggest one yet. I strung it up and didn't want to stop at 13 so I kept one more for an even 14.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts